Archive | December 2011

Congratulations John on your Retirement.

As many of you know John Schreiner is retiring for the second time from the phone industry.   John will be remembered for the things that he did here.  We ALL know what those things are.  I personally believe we have a stronger union membership with his leadership.  I also think working with you has raised the bar for your co-workers (including me).   Thanks for your years of hard work and dedication to your job and to the members of this local.   Best wishes in your retirement. Here’s to watching after grand kids instead of shooting cables troubles and filing grievances!! 

Red Shirt Thursdays!!!

Thank You Jimmy, Bill, and “almost” retired John for always supporting your union EVERY Thursday!

IMPORTANT NEWS about Your Flexible Spending Accounts!

The administration of your Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Healthcare and Dependent Care will change from Meritain to AonHewitt’s Your Spending Account(tm) (YSA) effective January 1, 2012. If you enroll in the Health Care Spending Account for 2012, you will receive a new YSA debit card in the mail in late December.
2011 FSA Participants

If you have current 2011 Healthcare FSA or Dependent Care FSA claims to submit to Meritain, please do so as soon as possible. To prepare for the change to YSA, Meritain will stop processing all 2011 claims on December 12, 2011 and your account will be unavailable from December 12, 2011 to December 31, 2011. When purchasing eligible items or services from December 12 through December 31, 2011, hold those claims and submit them to YSA on or after January 1, 2012. If you have a remaining balance in your 2011 Healthcare FSA, you may purchase eligible items through March 15, 2012. You have until June 30, 2012 to submit these expenses to YSA for reimbursement.

2012 FSA Participants

Starting January 1st, you will begin accessing your Flexible Spending Accounts at or by calling 877-FTR-2770.

Please activate your new 2012 YSA card prior to using it for the first time. You will use your YSA card just like a debit card. You can present your YSA card at the pharmacy or doctor’s office when paying for your co-pays or other eligible out-of-pocket expenses. You can also provide your new YSA card account number and expiration date to any health care providers who automatically bill you for services. Of course, you can continue to submit claims for out-of-pocket expenses, as necessary, using the YSA Web site or paper claim form after January 1, 2012. Dependent Care FSA expenses must be submitted with a claim form; there is no debit card for Dependent Care FSA.

If you have questions or do not receive your new YSA card, call the YSA Service Center at 1-877-FTR-2770. You may request an additional card for your spouse or child by calling the YSA Service Center after 1/1/2012. Representatives are available to assist you from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern.